Recently I’ve seen the django-lfs  (Light Fast Shop) just released to the public today 
In order to get your code working you have to follow instalation instructions, but you will probably need something else. I had some problems with missing dependencies (mainly .h, because by default I’m using virtualenv with python2.6, and on my ubuntu everything is ready for python2.5 … versions can be a nightmare !). So what I did before I got lfs working was:
- sudo apt-get install python2.6-dev (should be changed in case to 2.5 in case your installation uses 2.5 … type ‘python –version’ to know the exact version)
- sudo apt-get install sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev
- sudo apt-get install python-profiler
- apt–get install mercurial
Finally you can follow the instructions to install lfs using the quickstart 
And if you want to have some data on this:
./lfs-buildout-quickstart/bin/django loaddata eggs/django_lfs-0.1.3-py2.6.egg/lfs/core/fixtures/lfs_initial.xml
The reason why I post this info is because I like the way this is distributed, the infrastructure and some features (as well is much easier to install than satchmo, sorry :S, which can be a problem in a hosting, specially if is shared):
- jgrowl: Nice jQuery Notification system, who knows me know that I like this useless things !
- All the admin interface tunned with jQuery 
- the use of portlets
- Completely separate themes , which can become a possible monetization in the future to work with customization as well at this point
Things I don’t like and probably will be fixed in a future:
- Lack of documentation in the terms of description of the main entities.
- Lack of translation to other language.
 The “commercial” web site to explain and get relevance about the project, nice !
 Twitter post on the project
 Install instructions for lfs
 Satchmo installation process
 Notification system
 Admin interface for django-lfs
 Current django theme