this is my first English post, and probably with lot of wrong words and expressions, sorry for that.
With this post I want to share my experience with my readers, mainly the experience I have had searching job, accommodation, and so.
First of all I decided to live in london, but maybe you have to take in account some things:
- 10 important things to know about london (spanish link)
- Cost of live
- Foro Londres: an spanish place where are lot of information about london.
- Spaniards:Web page where I can find lot of interesting information about Spanish people who go out from Spain or their original countries and share experiences. Also a good place where you can ask lot of obvious questions, like: where I can wash my clothes ?
Once you have decided
If your decision is to come to London, then go ahead reading, otherwise this will probably not be so interesting.
One of the most important and difficult things is to find a job (even thought to me has been really easy :P), to find this job there is an Spanish guy, sprocket, who make a really good tutorial to find this job:
- How to make a CV
- About the phone interview
- About the face to face interview
- Most usual questions English people use to do, tons of them!
Job search pages
After you have this more or less clear, you can start sending your CV or Resume to the main UK web pages that the recruiters uses to find candidates:
- http://www.jobsite.co.uk : One of the most useful, you have to look there!
- http://www.reed.co.uk : Very useful also.
- http://my.monster.co.uk/ : this is the local version of monster, the good point is that maybe you get also offers from other parts of the world
- http://www.seek.com.au/uk/ : Not very usefull
I would say that the most important think is to update regularly your CV, because then this CV appears better situated when the recruitment searches.
Once or after we have a job or at least the way to find it, is time to search a place to live. London is a very dynamic place, it applies to everything also the accommodation, and with lot of possibilities. The hotels are all around London but probably is the most expensive option. I would just evaluate two possibilities: Hostels and Flat/House share or rent.
At this point there is also lot of possibilities like you can find in Internet, but to me the best option are Hostels in LHA group.
For this there are some specialized web pages:
- http://www.spareroom.co.uk/: Really good, also easy to search, and with lot of information for each flat
- http://www.gumtree.com/: This is one of the most used web pages for this porpoise. The problem in this web page is that is not specialized to this, it implies that the information is not structured in the same way, but really useful.
I will try to write more posts or just update this one onces I have more information !